Griddled burger with sliced pepperoni, fried mozzarella, and pepperoncini on a toasted ciabatta bun.
1 each burger patty of your choice
1 ounce marinara sauce, house-made or purchased
1 each ciabatta bun, toasted
1 slice large sandwich-style pepperoni, or 4-5 smaller slices
3 planks breaded mozzarella cheese, fried
1 ounce mild pepperoncini peppers, drained
1. Cook burger to an internal temperature of 160°F
2. Spread marinara sauce evenly on both sides of ciabatta bun.
3. Place burger on bottom bun. Add pepperoni slices.
4. Place fried mozzarella planks on top of pepperoni.
5. Add pepperoncini.
6. Add arugula.
7. Top with crown of ciabatta.
8. Serve with extra marinara sauce for dipping.
Serve open-faced. Sub sliced mozzarella for breaded. Go light on the pepperoni and use a smaller patty size. Add more arugula to top off burger.
Try building this with 2 patties instead of one, with extra pepperoni in between the two patties
Use fresh mozzarella and house-made pepperoncini. Up the heart with a spicy puttanesca sauce instead of marinara.