A burger salad with grilled Portobello mushrooms, spinach, sesame vinaigrette and a gochujang drizzle.
1 burger patty of your choice
2 cups baby spinach
1 whole Portobello mushroom cap, cleaned
2 Tablespoons julienned carrot
1 Tablespoon julienne scallion, white part only
1 egg, fried
1-2 Tablespoons of your favorite sesame vinaigrette
As needed, gochujang (Korean red chili paste) thinned with enough water and a little honey to drizzle from a squeeze bottle or spoon
Sprinkle with sesame seeds
1. Cook burger to an internal temperature of 160°F.
2. Brush Portobello with sesame oil and salt and pepper. Grill or roast until done.
3. Slice and fan out on large plate.
4. Toss spinach leaves, carrot and scallions with sesame vinaigrette. Pile on top of sliced portobello.
5. Place burger on top of salad, and put fried egg on top of burger.
6. Drizzle gochujang over salad
7. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve
Omit egg. Cut back on vinaigrette, or substitute seasoned rice wine vinegar.
Top with marinated, thinly sliced boneless short rib, grilled until rare.
The menu description includes the word ‘gochujang’. You’re already there.