Grilled patty on focaccia with fresh mozzarella, roma tomatoes, and a chimichurri mayo.
1 burger patty of your choice
1 focaccia roll, or square of focaccia bread cut approximately 4X4, split and toasted
2 Tablespoons chimichurri mayonnaise
1 ounce fresh mozzarella, sliced
4-5 slices roma tomatoes
1 leaf romaine lettuce
For the chimichurri mayo
1 cup basil leaves
3 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon lemon thyme leaves
2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pepperoncini peppers
2 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
Juice of half a lemon
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup mayonnaise
1. Make the chimichurri mayonnaise. Combine all ingredients except mayo in food processor and blend. Stir in mayo and adjust seasoning.
2. Cook burger to an internal temperature of 160°F.
3. Spread mayo evenly on both sides of bun.
4. Place romaine leaf on bottom half of focaccia. Add burger.
5. Add sliced mozzarella and tomatoes.
6. Place remaining focaccia offset.
No focaccia for you! And no cheese either. Keep it simple with the burger, veggies, and a chimichurri drizzle.
A few slices of fried pancetta would work well on this build.
Keep the mayo plain. Add some extra olive oil to chimichurri and drizzle it on top of the mozzarella and tomatoes.