Grilled burger between burger-sized gougeres and topped with sautéed onions, sliced tomatoes and leaf lettuce. For those of who you who forgot your training: Gougeres are cheesy, savory cream puffs. For this build the gougeres are split in half and filled with grated Swiss, or cheese sauce. You could even try them with Cheez Whiz for an easy and interesting twist to this mouth-watering culinary creation.
1 burger patty of your choice
1 large cream puff, unfilled
2 ounces cheese sauce, any flavor
2 tablespoons onion marmalade
2 sliced tomatoes
½ cup chiffonnade romaine lettuce
1. Cook burger to an internal temperature of 160°F
2. Split cream puff in half
3. Ladle one ounce cheese sauce onto each half
4. Place burger on one of half cream puff
5. Spread onion marmalade on burger
6. Add tomato slices and romaine chiffonnade
7. Top with second half of cream puff
No cheese sauce for YOU!
Add 2 slices of griddled ham, and a slice of gruyere cheese. Fill the bottom half of the cream puff with scrambled eggs.
Make the gougeres, or onion marmalade, or cheese sauce BOH (back of house). Call it out on the menu.