Burger served on a buttered soft white roll, with sliced tomato, iceberg lettuce, and a grilled corn salad, dusted with chili powder.
1 burger patty of your choice
1 burger roll, buttered and caramelized/toasted
2 slices tomato
2-3 rings white onion
1-2 leaves iceberg lettuce
¼ cup grilled corn salad, dusted with chili powder
Grilled corn salad
¾ cup mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, minced
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
6 ears corn, husks on
¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice, about 2
As needed, kosher salt
¾ cup crumbled cotija cheese, about 4 ounces
1. Cook burger to an internal temperature of 160°F
2. Place the burger on the heel of the bun
3. Add the lettuce, tomato slices and onion
4. Top with the corn salad. Dust the corn lightly with chili powder
5. Lean bun crown against the burger and serve
Prep the corn salad
1. Stir together the mayonnaise, garlic, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl until well combined. Set aside.
2. Leave the husks on the corn. Grill the corn over medium high heat. Turn the corn periodically so that it cooks evenly. Grill for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until the husks are blackened and the corn inside feels tender.
3. Let the corn rest until cool enough to handle. Remove the husks and the silk. Using a sharp knife, remove the corn kernels from the cob.
4. Pour the lime juice over the corn and season lightly with salt. Stir the mayonnaise mixture into the corn. Fold in the cotija cheese. Adjust seasoning with salt, cayenne and lime juice.
Omit the bun. Opt for the slaw instead of the fries.
Melted Asadero or queso quesadilla cheese.
Make sure you get credit for preparing the grilled corn salad BOH.