Don’t tell our bakery, but we’re ditching the bread for potato buns. No—not potato buns. Potato. Buns. As in two crunchy hash browns gently cradling our juicy smashed burger. As if that weren’t enough, we snuck in some melted cheddar, a fried egg, maple ketchup, and a few pickled onions.
1 TNT patty of your choice
1 slice sharp cheddar cheese
2 hash brown potato patties, preferably round, purchased or house-made
2-3 Tablespoons maple ketchup
1 egg, fried over easy
2-3 Tablespoons pickled red onions, purchased or house-made
For the maple ketchup
1 cup ketchup
1-2 Tablespoons real maple syrup
1. Combine all ingredients and stir well.
1. Cook burger to an internal temperature of 160°F. Top with cheese.
2. Spread maple ketchup on both hash brown patties.
3. Place burger/cheese on one hash brown patty. Top with over easy egg.
4. Sprinkle pickle onions on top of egg..
5. Place second hash brown patty gently on top of egg, or slightly offset.