Grilled burger smothered in queso, topped with pickled jalapenos, fried tortilla strips, and pico de gallo.
1 burger patty of your choice
1 burger bun, toasted
2 ounces queso dip, purchased or homemade
1 tablespoon pickled jalapenos, drained
2 tablespoons pico de gallo
¼ cup fried tortilla strips or chips
1. Cook burger to an internal temperature of 160°F.
2. Place cooked burger on heel of bun. Spread mustard on bun crown.
3. Ladle 2 ounces queso over burger.
4. Add pickled jalapenos, pico de gallo and fried tortilla strips.
5. Place the bun crown slightly offset.
6. Serve with French fries dusted with sea salt and ground chipotle pepper.
Substitute 1 ounce queso fresco for the queso dip. Omit fried tortilla strips, or bake them instead of frying. Use four corn tortillas, warmed and softened, in place of the burger bun
Add 2 ounces taco meat on top of nacho cheese. Serve with lots of napkins!
Add 2 ounces of barbacoa to the build. Serve with lime wedges.