A Maverick® Unseasoned Patty, topped with melted jack and cheddar cheeses and a roasted green chile on Texas Toast. Served with a sweet habanero glaze for dipping.
1 each burger patty of your choice
1 slice Monterey jack cheese
1 slice mild cheddar cheese
2 slices Texas toast, toasted
1 whole roasted green Chile, Anaheim or Poblano pepper
1. Cook burger to an internal temperature of 160°F.
2. Place pepper jack cheese on one slice of Texas toast. Place cheddar cheese on second slice.
3. Griddle the toast until golden and the cheese has melted.
4. Place burger on one slice of Texas toast. Add the roasted green chile.
5. Top with the second slice of Texas toast.
6. Serve with sweet habanero glaze.
Substitute warm corn tortilla for Texas toast. Use 1 slice reduced-fat cheddar.
Use an 8-ounce burger. Add a slice of pepper jack cheese to make a triple-cheese melt.
Add extra house-made condiments like an ancho barbecue sauce or a tomatillo salsa. Try on a roll made with masa harina flour.