Grilled burger topped with melting goat cheese, crispy kale, and an olive relish.
1 burger patty of your choice
1 ciabatta roll, toasted
2 ounces goat cheese
2 ounces olive relish
2-3 pieces Lacinato kale, deep fried until crispy
For the olive relish
1 cup green olive pieces
½ cup capers
½ cup chopped Italian parsley
1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
2 shallots, sliced
¼ cup olive oil
1. Make the relish and reserve.
2. Cook burger to an internal temperature of 160°F.
3. Spread half of the goat cheese on the bun heel. Add burger.
4. Smear remaining goat cheese on top of burger.
5. Spoon olive relish on top of goat cheese.
6. Top with the crispy kale leaves.
7. Place bun crown off set.
Just eat half of the burger. Take the rest home for another meal.
Add a slice of some super-melty Havarti or mozzarella as well as some caramelized onions.
If your guests are over kale, try frying Italian parsley leaves, or even celery leaves, for an unexpected flavor and crunch.