Eight ounces of beef on a sourdough roll, topped with thick-cut peppered bacon, Dijon mustard, arugula…and finished with a fried egg.
1 burger patty of your choice
1 sourdough roll, toasted
3 slices of thick-cut peppered bacon
1 tbs. Dijon mustard
1 fried egg, sunny side up
1. Cook burger to an internal temperature of 160°F.
2. Place cooked burger on heel of bun. Spread mustard on bun crown.
3. Layer the bacon slices on top of the burger.
4. Pile the arugula on top of the bacon.
5. Carefully place the fried egg on top of the arugula.
6. Lean the bun crown against the burger.
7. Serve with crispy tator tots or onion rings.
Omit sourdough roll and reduce bacon to one slice only. Serve on a bed of arugula tossed in seasoned rice wine vinegar.
Add two slices of smoked cheddar to complement the peppered bacon. Or combine the mustard with 2 tablespoons softened goat cheese for extra richness.
Replace the Dijon mustard with Thai sweet chili garlic sauce for an East-meets-West mash up!