How do you improve on perfection? Add bacon, chicken-fried bacon of course. And a lot of melting pimento cheese. Then finish with a zesty onion and poppy seed slaw on a toasted sesame bun. Ta-da!
1 TNT patty of your choice, cooked to an internal temperature of 160F
1 sesame bun, buttered and toasted
2-3 Tablespoon mayo
2 ounces pimento cheese—purchased
¼ cup onion-poppy seed slaw
2 slices chicken-fried bacon
For the chicken fried bacon
3 cups AP flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 cups milk
1 ½ pounds thick cut bacon
1. Combine dry ingredients. Mix well.
2. Combine egg and milk and mix well.
3. Bread bacon strips: dry-wet-dry
4. Deep fry at 350F until golden, 3-4 minutes.
For the onion and poppy seed slaw
2 cups finely shredded cabbage
1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
¼ cup poppy seed dressing, or as needed
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
1. Combine all ingredients and toss to combine.
2. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
1. Cook burger to an internal temperature of 160°F. Top with scoop of pimento cheese.
2. Spread mayo on bun heel and crown.
3. Place burger/cheese on heel.
4. Top with onion poppy seed slaw.
5. Criss cross bacon on top of slaw.
6. Place bun crown gently on top.