Start with a Cedar Canyon® 8-oz. Prime Rib Burger on a toasted brioche bun and top with a large grilled portobello mushroom and horseradish mayonnaise. Serve with crispy fried asparagus.
1 portobello mushroom
1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
½ teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon butter
As needed, salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
1 burger patty of your choice
1 brioche bun, toasted
1. Combine olive oil and minced garlic. Brush over entire mushroom. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Grill the seasoned portobello mushroom over medium heat until cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
3. Combine mayonnaise and horseradish.
4. Evenly spread horseradish mayonnaise on the crown and heel of the bun.
5. Cook burger to an internal temperature of 160°F. Place on bottom bun.
6. Top burger with grilled Portobello mushroom. Place bun crown on portobello.
7. Serve with crispy fried asparagus.
Omit olive oil from portobello mushroom and spray with food-release spray instead. Omit bun. Substitute light mayonnaise; use 1 tablespoon per portion. Serve with a double portion of roasted asparagus.
Top Portobello mushroom with a scoop of house-made garlic herb butter. Or add a slice of horseradish cheddar cheese.
Use an artisan-style bun or one made with ancient grains. Add locally sourced or organic arugula to the build.