Skin-on fries piled on top of a juicy patty, and topped with brown gravy. Served on a standard-issue white bun. Accompanied by malt vinegar on the side. Cheese curds optional. Gravy is non-negotiable.
1 burger patty of your choice
1 white burger bun, toasted
6 ounces (about 2 cups) skin-on fries, preferably house-made
3-4 ounces brown gravy, made with half chicken stock and half beef stock
1. Cook burger to an internal temperature of 160°F.
2. Place burger on bun heel.
3. Pile on the fries. They should be falling off the burger.
4. Ladle the gravy on top of the fries. Don’t be shy.
5. Top with bun crown. Squish slightly for best effect.
Probably not, eh?
More fries, more gravy, AND an extra patty. A couple of Molsons on the side would work too.
This is not a poutine burger. It is chips and gravy, which by a stroke of good luck landed on top of a burger.