Take TWO perfectly cooked TNT patties. Place on garlic-buttered Texas toast. Add lots of Jack cheese, and some roasted jalapenos. Top with a fresh tomatillo salsa. Grill until delicious.
1 TNT patty of your choice, cooked to an internal temperature of 160F
2 slices Texas toast
2 slices Monterey Jack cheese
3 each roasted jalapeno peppers, seeded and stemmed
¼ cup raw tomatillo salsa
Butter, as needed
For the raw tomatillo salsa
4 tomatillos, husked, washed, and cut into ¼ inch dice
2 green onions, white and some green part, thinly sliced on the diagonal
1 small bunch cilantro, leaves only, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeno chile
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
salt, to taste
1. Combine all ingredients and stir well.
1. Place 1 slice of cheese on one piece of Texas toast
2. Top with cooked burger. Add roasted jalapenos to burger.
3. Sprinkle tomatillo salsa evenly over the sandwich.
4. Add second slice of cheese and top with another slice of Texas toast.
5. Cook in butter on a 350F griddle until both sides of sandwich are golden brown and cheese is melted.