No, not the pet you had in second grade. This is way better–a TNT patty topped with griddled ham, melted Swiss cheese, green apple slaw, and curry mayo on a toasted brioche bun.
1 TNT patty of your choice, cooked to an internal temperature of 160F
1 brioche bun, buttered and toasted
2-3 Tablespoon curry mayo
1 slice Swiss cheese
2 ounces smoked ham, thinly sliced
¼ cup green apple slaw
For the curry mayo
1 cup mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon curry powder, sautéed for 1 minute in 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil and cooled
1 Tablespoon mango chutney
1. Combine all ingredients and stir well.
For the green apple slaw
1 Granny smith apple, seeded and cored
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 Tablespoon minced cilantro
1 small stalk celery, diced small
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 Tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
Salt to taste
Dash cayenne pepper
1. Cut the apple into julienne strips on a mandoline.
2. Combine all ingredients and toss to combine.
3. Adjust seasoning with salt and cayenne
1. Cook burger to an internal temperature of 160°F. Top with cheese.
2. Griddle ham and add to burger.
3. Spread curry mayo on bun heel and crown.
4. Place burger/cheese/ham on heel.
5. Top with green apple slaw.
6. Place bun crown gently on top.