Griddled burger on a sesame bun piled high with shaved ham, melted queso quesadilla, white onion slaw and avocado. Served with guajillo ketchup.
1 each burger patty of your choice
1 slice queso quesadilla
½ avocado, sliced
2 ounces shaved ham
1 sesame bun, toasted
White onion slaw
3 ounces shredded cabbage
2 ounces thinly sliced white onion
1/3 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
1 ounce white vinegar
1 ounce fresh lime juice
As needed, salt and pepper
3 each guajillo chiles, toasted, cleaned, and ground to a powder
1 cup ketchup
1. Combine ingredients for white onion slaw. Season to taste and reserve.
2. Combine ingredients for guajillo ketchup and blend well. Adjust seasoning with more guajillo powder if needed. Reserve.
3. Cook burger to an internal temperature of 160°F
4. Top with one slice queso quesadilla in the last few minutes of cooking.
5. Place burger on bottom bun.
6. Add the sliced avocado and then the shaved ham.
7. Top with approximately ¼ cup white onion slaw.
8. Place bun crown slightly offset.
9. Serve with guajillo ketchup on the side.
Omit cheese and bun. Use ¼ avocado only. Sub turkey ham for the ham if you’re feeling especially guilty
More cheese, more meat! Go wild and add an extra milanesa (aka chicken-fried) burger to the build
Call out house-made ketchup for “real food’ credit