Southern hospitality, stacked on a biscuit. Burger on a jumbo buttermilk biscuit with a southern-style sausage gravy, sweet onion slaw, and tomato jam.
1 burger patty of your choice
1 extra-large buttermilk biscuit, baked and split
2 Tablespoons tomato jam
3 ounces sausage gravy
¼ cup sweet onion slaw
For sweet onion slaw
2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
1 cup julienned sweet onion
¼ cup cut chives, cut into 1-inch lengths
2 Tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
Salt and pepper as needed
1. Cook burger to an internal temperature of 160°F.
2. Spread tomato jam on both sides of biscuit.
3. Place burger on biscuit heel.
4. Ladle sausage gravy on to burger
5. Pile onion slaw onto gravy.
6. Place biscuit crown slightly offset.
7. Serve with knife and fork.
You could sub a whole wheat bun for the biscuit, and omit the sausage gravy. But where is the fun in that?
Add some double-smoked, peppered bacon to make this one over the top. Or maybe sneak in some pimento cheese when no one’s looking.
Make sure that you have this front and center on your menu. Breakfast burgers are all the rage with younger consumers today.